Mauritius - The Wild Women's Lambskin Moto
Classic 'Moto" styling with assymetrical zipper, shoulder epaulet detailing , and detachable 'kidney' belt, all details taken from the 1928 Schott Perfecto Motorcycle jacket - the very first leather "Moto" jacket ever. Cotton lined body with satin acetate lining in the sleeves for easy movement.
- Washed lambskin
- Classic motorcycle styling
- Hidden embedded wire in the lapel and collar hems, allowing custom styling, shaping
- Detachable belt
- Cotton lined body with "be kind/stay humble/work hard/smile often/keep jhonest printed in a fun font, black shinny on black cotton, vertically oriented, line by line.
- Inside secure zippered pocket
- 2 outside zippered pockets
- Zip cuff detailing
Where Did Moto Jackets Come From
In 1928 the first leather motorcycle jacket was designed by a raincoat maker for Harley Davidson, at a time when motorized bicycles, created in 1913, started to evolve into "motorcylces" as we know them today. Ralph Schott named it after his favorite cigar, The Perfecto, rather than use his Russian Jewish family name- a bit of successful markertng also employed by Ralph "Lauren" Lifshitz. The details Ralph Schott designed to protect the rider have become the iconic fashion details of todayâ€™s â€œMotoâ€ jacket: the asymmetrical zip closure with placket to baffle the wind, the shoulder epaulettes to store your riding gloves, and the buckled waist belt to close up the bottom of the jacket to seal out the wind.. And all of this for $5.50!