Mauritius - The Sofia Lambskin Moto
The Sofia is a classic butter soft vegstable tanned lambskin moto jacket with hand rubbed seams. The fit is regular. It boasts the classic moto detailing- asymetrical front zipper, 6.5" long hip buckle belt detailing and 4.5" zip cuffs. Hidden wire is sewn into the outer seams of the lapels and collar allowing for custom shaping and styling. Inside secure zipper pocket and a fun, print embellished natural cotton body lining. Sleves are polyester lined for easy movement.
- Lightweight classic lambskin
- Classic moto styling
- Hand rubbed seams
- Cotton lining with print quotations. Polyester sleeve lining for easy movement
- Inside lining quotation: Be Kind/ Stay Humble/ Work Hard/ Smile Often/ Keep Honest- listed vertically, line by line, printed shinny black on matt dark charcoal cotton lining.
- 21" center back length
- Inside secure zippered pocket
- 3 outside zippered pockets
- Zip cuff detailing
- Small, hip belt and buckle detailing
Who Made the First Leather Motorcycle Jacket?
In 1928 the first leather motorcycle jacket was designed for Harley Davidson by a raincoat maker, at a time when motorized bicycles, created in 1913, started to evolve into "motorcylces" as we know them today. Ralph Schott named it after his favorite cigar, The Perfecto, rather than use his Russian Jewish family name- a bit of successful markertng also employed by Ralph "Lauren" Lifshitz. The details he designed to protect the rider have become the iconic fashion details of today’s “Moto” jacket - the asymmetrical zip closure with placket to baffle the wind, the shoulder epaulettes to store your riding gloves, and the buckled waist belt to close up the bottom of the jacketsealing out the wind.. And all of this for $5.50... in 1928!