Kian Quilted Lambskin Racer Jacket
Mauritius’ racer body quilted lambskin jacket. Echoing details from classic riding leathers, the Kian sports parallel trapunto stitch detailing on shoulders and upper sleeves., plus very giving, vertical, leather elastic panels from under arm to waistband. Center, antiqued zipper closure with matching zipper hand warmer pockets and vertical chest pocket. The jacket is horizontally quilted front and back, housing light-weight fill. Banded racer collar with snap tab detail.
-Polished black lambskin
- 26 ½ “ long. Weight 2.3 pounds. 1050 grams
- Fit is snug and close
- Classic, center zip motorcyle jacket styling
- Leather gored zip cuffs
- Stand collar with tab closure
- Parallel stitching on shoulder and upper sleeves
- Under arm elastic leather side panels
- Fully lined. “be kind/stay humble/work hard/smile often/keep honest” printed on center back lining, vertically stacked, line by line, black print on off black cotton… discreet and cool. 1 vertical tuck cell phone pocket with Velcro closure
- 3 inside pockets, 2 secure zipperd,
- Snug leather banded waistband
Available in black
Sized Small (36), Medium (38), Large (40), Xlarge (42), XXlarge (44)
The Moto Jacket that Started it All
In 1928 The first leather motorcycle jacket was designed by a raincoat maker for Harley Davidson, at a time when motorized bicycles, created in 1913, started to evolve into "motorcylces" as we know them today. He named it after his favorite cigar, The Perfecto, rather than use his Russian Jewish family name- a bit of successful markertng also used by Ralph "Lauren" Lifshitz.
The details Ralph Schott designed to protect the rider have become the iconic fashion details of today’s “Moto” jacket: the asymmetrical zip closure with placket to baffle the wind, the epaulettes to store your riding gloves, and the buckled waist belt to close up the bottom of the jacket. And all of this for $5.50!